Blue Lagoon has received equal pay certification from the Center for Gender Equality. The company has thus gained confirmation that its salary system adheres to the requirements of the equal pay standard IST 85:2012. This certification affirms that the company follows its equal pay policy and provides equal compensation for equal work or work of equal value.
The British Standard Institute (BSI) administered the appraisal, which Blue Lagoon passed successfully with no variations found. Regarding the implementation, an equal pay analysis was concurrently conducted to determine if there were any differences between the salaries of men and women doing the same work. The results showed that the gender wage—totalling just 0.76%—is negligible at Blue Lagoon.
The Blue Lagoon’s Equal Pay Policy is an integral part of the company’s remuneration policy. The company strives to ensure gender equality and for all employees to be judged on their own merits, irrespective of gender, race or other groundless criteria, so that there are no unjustified wage differences in the workplace. The purpose of the Equal Pay Policy is to ensure full equality between the genders so that men and women receive equal pay for equal work or work of equal value.
The Blue Lagoon operates according to an equal pay system that applies to all employees. The Executive Board is responsible for implementing and reviewing the Equal Pay Policy and its compliance with the Act on Equal Status and Equal Rights of Women and Men No. 10/2008.
The Blue Lagoon undertakes to:
- Continually improve HR practices to ensure the equal status of all company employees.
- Receive suggestions and complaints and use them to develop and improve the Blue Lagoon’s human resources management and equal pay criteria.
- Conduct an annual wage analysis to see whether there are measureable gender-based differences between wages for equal work or work of equal value.
- Respond to unexplained wage differences with continued improvements and monitoring.
- Conduct an annual internal audit and management review.
- Introduce the policy to Blue Lagoon employees.
- Make sure that the policy is accessible at the Blue Lagoon’s website.
- Confirm compliance with legal requirements pertaining to the equal pay system on an annual basis.